Thursday, December 12, 2013

And the walls kept tumbling down on the cities that we lo-o-o-o-ove


Aaahhhhh Pompeii. I've played this certain vid so MANY TIMES. I love iiiiiiiiit.
But confession: I've NEVER actually seen the music video, meaning I haven't watched what happened in it, if Bastille appeared in it, and if ancient Italians came and ran around in circles with lava on their tunics screaming like girls.... Because I have this little kind of synesthesia thing in which I imagine some kind of images, colours, people etc. when I listen to songs. Particularly, I like to keep this kind of correlation in my mind when listening to my favourite songs fer the sake of the favourite song when I listen to it. For example, Pompeii=grey clouds rolling over mystic hills in a kind of rhythm, brown eyes and the color grey; Viva La Vida=immense emotion relating to former monarchs, the color brown, violins; Sunshine and City Lights=Greyson Chance (lol), fireflies hovering a willow tree, streetlamps, purple pink light blue chrome yellow white grey, night, fountains, and the song cover/artwork/whateffer. So if I youtube a music video of a song I liked with a synesthesia correlation, I only watch the first seconds to see if it kinda matches my correlation, AND THEN IF it does I continue watching it, if it doesn't I just go on another tab and listen to the song without watching. Because (again) I dislike the correlation to be replaced by different synesthetic properties of the music video, which has happened some times to me when I searched Owl City lyric videos, and oh does Owl City give out such imagination and feels.... Songs: they make me so



HAHAHA ok, that was a synesthetic's [short, yes I thought it quite short] rant and a link to a SUPERLATIVE SONG. FAREWELL

Music video[edit]

A music video to accompany the release of "Pompeii" was first released onto YouTube on 20 January 2013 at a total length of three minutes and fifty-three seconds.[4] The music video focuses on a man (played by lead singer Daniel Smith) who is running through various areas of Los Angeles in an allegory of the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in Pompeii. Lyrics such as "And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love" and "Great clouds roll over the hills, bringing darkness from above" are shown in the video. Once he sees people with black eyes he flees in a stolen car to the desert, where he soon becomes another black-eyed person. Directed by Jesse John Jenkins and produced by Tova Dann, the video was filmed in Los Angeles andPalm Springs, California.

ooh so that was it
OHNO I HAVE BLACK EYES MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!1!

No comments:

Post a Comment