Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy 115th birthday, Jack Lewis!

I've loved Jack since I was five. 



Well, actually, I watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe when it came out when I was five, then oblivious to the fact about who wrote it (how many "w's" were in this sentence?!?!?!!). But eventually, as I'd grown up and discovered my school library when I was 7 or 8, two more movies of Narnia came out, and I found The Last Battle at a supermarket in Nepal, I slowly read all of The Chronicles of Narnia, and adoring the wonderful prose in them all by Lewis. And for the past three years, I'd uncovered more things about Jack Lewis, about his apologetics and revelations about God and Christianity. Though I dozed off while reading (there is such a thing, you're reading through words, but you actually aren't reading them, you know what I mean? and you aren't dozing off like sleeping and stuff) The Screwtape Letters the time we had vacation........

So! Anyways, hbd again. Thanks for being a part of what makes me and who I am today.


No comments:

Post a Comment