Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bruno: We're not supposed to be friends, you and me. We're meant to be enemies. Did you know that?

I watched The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (because Asa Butterfield). And cried a lot inside. Actually, I read the plot on Wikipedia a long time ago....and was grateful for having done that near the ending, else I would've cried on the outside. Here's what it says on the back
Startling. Yeah right.


This Thursday, after I borrowed it from Tita Rita, a neighbour who has a collection of movies taking up on part of her shelf, and after a prayer meeting

Me: Tita Ritaaaaaa, I haven't finished The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas yeeeeeeet
Tita Rita: (Singaporean accent) Oh, it's ok, take your time.
Me: I actually know the ending, and it was unbearably sad.
Amila dai: WHAT?!?!!?!?!?!! You know the ending before having seen the movie????? (Apparently, he's one of those people who despise spoilers.)
Me: Well yes--because I was Wikipedia-ing the main character's actor-AND THEY DIE AT THE END
Tita Rita: D:
Me: And then the Jewish servant guy is like "Bruno, what do you wanna be when you grow up?" Bruno says something about being an explorer, but I overshadow it by saying, "My dear Bruno, you will never grow up. Because you DIE in the end, I know, along with Shmuel."
Amila dai: D:


No comments:

Post a Comment