Monday, February 23, 2015

Recharge (originally from 11/17/14)




"4Remain in me, and I will remain in you.
5...apart from me you can do nothing.
8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. 
11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you, and your joy may be complete.
13Greater love has no one like this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command. 15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
17This is my command: Love each other."

taken from John 15

Yes, indeed, without Him we are nothing, and each and everyday we must draw closer to tap into the source, cannonball and swim into it, drink and taste its goodness, before we do anything else, so that we may glorify His name in whatever we do.

I am guilty for not always doing this. Maybe it is why I don't really feel Jesus every hour, minute, and second of my day. It's like my battery pack is fitted with another battery consisted of, say, people's opinions, plans, dreams, fandoms, hummingbird mindness, etc. I mean, these are all legit things and things that are okay. But I know they're insubstantial because if I run on them alone I will break down at some point. That's why I really need to take these batteries off. 




Then I'll let God replace them with Jesus, His special battery. 
Jesus lasts longer than any nuclear battery can, and is more powerful than whatever it is that powers the Sun. Of course, why not want Him? And why not need Him? 

If we live for Him, we are secure, we are confident, and we are filled with love and joy. When we live and seek for His kingdom and righteousness, everything that we need and desire will follow. When we obey His commands and pledge our allegiance, the Holy Spirit comes to guide us, protect us, correct us, and cheer us on. 

Is that not the best life to live?

No comments:

Post a Comment