Thursday, April 2, 2015

Asa Butterfield appreciation post

So, there are only less than 6 hours of Asa Butterfield's eighteenth birthday.



Last Sunday, I came up with some sort of plan to celebrate it by watching all the (3 ahaha) movies I had with him in it, but I ended up just watching two and making some fanart on the way.




As those movies have inspired and moved my life and the way that I look at life in general, so has Asa, too, of course. After all, he's the actor that made those movies work for me, and I can't imagine anyone else who'd take the roles of his characters so fittingly. He's genius, he's one-of-a-kind, and I admire how from a very young age he became successful as an actor by being terribly good at what he does.

I also consider Asa Butterfield as one of the most beautiful human beings on the planet. I mean, wouldn't you easily fall in love with how all of his features - the shape of his face, the colours of his complexion, hair, and eyes - coalesce to make some kind of perfect? Although true beauty has been compromised by flaw, Asa Butterfield is pretty high on the list of the things I appreciate often because he reminds me that true beauty is intended to have a perfect glory.
Beauty's intended glory yas

And it's amazing to watch all the movies he's starred in so far, and how his characters' purposes vary: from a small boy who is oblivious to how the world works but has a world of his own (The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas), to a teenager who is oblivious to how the world works but has a world of his own (X+Y), and from two children (Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang, and Hugo) and a teenager (Ten Thousand Saints) dealing with responsibilities they're supposed to carry, to a teenager with the weight of the world on his shoulders he can't carry alone (Ender's Game). Amazing.

Well, it's pretty hard to believe that this boy's leaving childhood forever, but who even knows what brilliant future is ahead of him? 



So yeah. Asa, cheers to 'a new chapter' of your life, never stop giving your all, and may the blue in your eyes never fade.


With the love of your Asanators,


No comments:

Post a Comment